Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rejection 101

I was declined a parapro position at a local school district. I interviewed for it and everything. It's a bummer, but my boyfriend and some of the teachers I talk to a lot have made me feel better about it. With their help, I was able to formulate a pretty effective affirmation to help me handle rejection:

[to self] "So you didn't get the job you applied for. Here's the thing: maybe you were not meant to have it. There is something else out there that is waiting for you, and you'll know when you get there. Make the most of your experience and reflect on what you could have done better, during the interview and otherwise. Don't take it personal."

I'm so anxious to start teaching or working in a school setting. I'm anxious to find out what my life will lead to. But if I knew everything that was going to happen, it would be a pretty boring life. So I'm doing my best to view my situation positively and keep on learning as much as possible. There are a million books to be read and units to plan. If I keep myself busy, things will happen on their own.

No comments: