Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eastern Michigan's teacher job fair is tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about how it's going to play out. My shirt has been ironed and my portfolio assembled. I couldn't help but have a low-self esteem moment about my resume and what I feel it's lacking. But Darin assured me that I will soon have more to put in there. And I'm certain that most entry-level teachers can relate to this feeling. Teaching is a learn-by-doing job; I hope I show excellent of potential to the representatives tomorrow.

I'm trying to keep a Zen mindset tonight, and towards my whole job search in general. I'm going to trust that what will be will be and have faith that the right job will come around when it's time. Until then, I need to put my energies into the elements of my life that I can control. I can distribute my resume, gain daily experience, read pedagogy, enjoy my fleeting free time to persue my other interests, and etc. And of course, take time to practice gratitude for what I do have.

No comments: