Sunday, September 29, 2013

The end is near!

September flew by! I'm loving my school internship. I'm working in a K-3 Elementary school with two great SLPs and wide range of disorders. I'm finally getting some articulation/phonology experience, as well as lots of developmental language and augmentative device intervention. 

The days go by so quickly seeing students back to back, but I love the fast-paced, ever-changing schedule. I also really enjoy working with pre-school and school-aged populations. The relief that comes with enjoying your career is phenomenal. At this point, I'd be happy in any setting. 

ASHA Convention is in Chicago this year and I'm planning to attend. It will be my first trip to Chicago (which is surprising, having lived so close my whole life). I'm so stoked to be in one place with a ton of SLPs/AuDs! 

Graduation will be here before I know it, and I'm nervous! It will be a big transition going from graduate school to the working world. But I am definitely looking forward to earning a real income (minus the student loan payments). Ideally, I would have a job and a new place to live in December, but I don't expect to get a job during the holiday season. It's making me anxious, but I trust that everything will work out. 

No comments: