Friday, March 28, 2008

The Alchemist.

We're reading The Alchemist for the Literature circle that I'm leading in my pre-student teaching classroom. I'm excited to read this book because I've heard that it's phenomenal. Hopefully, I will have time to do all of the reading--the end of the semester is looking pretty busy. I'll have different groups this time, which I'm also excited about. I like getting to know students; young people are pretty interesting.

Today, a number of the girls were fighting and crying about some conflict and it reminded me of the good ol' days. You couldn't pay me to go back to middle school, but I'm glad that I have a pretty vivid memory so that I can at least relate a little bit. I remember the identity struggles that went on when I was that age and they were not fun.

No comments: