Monday, March 01, 2010

Wait-time.

I've been trying my best to keep myself busy during the wait-time that this economy (and the state of Michigan) has bestowed upon us newly-ceritified teachers. I get warnings from the regulars at Bob Evans to "not do what Ronda* did" (Ronda being a long-time server at the restaurant who got a teaching degree and never used it).

Ways I've been entertaining myself:
-watching earlier seasons of Lost on Netflix.
-keeping my living quarters cleaner than I ever have.
-reading blogs. LOTS of blogs. Teaching blogs, gardening blogs, vegetarian blogs, urban homesteading blogs. I can't get enough.
-playing guitar, my most beloved pasttime.
-reading whatever.
-thrifting.
-cooking dinner. I'm getting better!

I've also been spending a lot of time with my puppy, Daisy. I couldn't have picked a better time to get a dog. How I went this long without one is beyond me, because she is my sunshine. She brightens my mood the minute I walk through the door.

*name changed.

No comments: