Thursday, September 16, 2010

End of October?

I called to find out about the status of my graduate school application and received rather unwelcomed news: I won't find out until the end of October. I guess that gives me two months to register for classes and get everything together. But man, I am growing so anxious about my future! Darin is knee-deep in classes, which he is so committed to. And I'm so jealous!

So, I did some thinking about what I could do with my time until I find out. And I've made some of the following goals for the end of October:

1. Lose 1 lb a week. Which means, by the end of October, a total of 5 lbs. It's a small goal, but it's also attainable. Toreach this goal, I have daily goals and weekly goals to meet.

-Daily goals: Eat no more than 1200 calories per day.

Eat 60 grams of protein a day.

-Weekly goals: Do at least 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 days a week.

2. Spiritual growth. I have some personal small, attainable goals for this. It's personal stuff, but just know that I need to work on prayer, mindfulness, and peace of mind.

3. Finish decorating the apartment. The apartment has been a work in process since we moved in. We have the right couch, the right bed, and, as of yesterday, the right entertainment center. We like this place and want to remain here while we finish out school.

4. Work as much as possible. I want to try to sub every day, if possible, and possibly pick up some babysitting gigs on the side.

I have so many good things in my life right now. A month ago, I was complaining about how bored I was, but now I have so many things to be excited for. I think I can attribute this to my recent spiritual work. Being open to new perspectives has already started paying off in my life. Here are the things that make life great lately:

-Monthly double dates with Kelly and Chris.
-Book club!
-Making plans to see my cousins.
-Darin's nephews, who are all seriously brilliant and even more entertaining.
-Monday night dinners with Angie
-Halloween!
-Fall traditions, like cider mills and hay rides.

I have so much more to add. Gratitude is my specialty today.

No comments: