Friday, September 03, 2010

Labor Day!

I love Labor Day, almost as much as I love Memorial Day. Darin, his parents, his brother, his brother's girlfriend, his nephew, and I are all traversing to the Traverse City area to celebrate. We're staying on a cabin on Spider Lake (wherever that is) and taking time to explore the area. We're even heading up to Mackinac Island for the day. It'll be my first trip to the island; I'm excited.

The last few weeks, I'm been babysitting one of the kids from day camp. It's been great because she is a fun-loving, creative kid who can pretty much make friends wherever she goes. It's surreal to get paid to have fun with a five-year-old all day. But she had her moments just like any other kid. I like to think of it as "mom practice," should I need that.

I'm excited to start subbing again in the fall. I'm hoping to see some of the same kids from last year. We'll see.

No comments: