Sunday, March 24, 2013

MSHA 2013

The Michigan Speech Language and Hearing Association conference was this weekend. I really enjoyed myself. The first year I went (2011), I was alone, brand new to the graduate program, and all of the presentations were way over my head. This year, a whole group of my classmates were there and I actually learned substantially from the sessions.

Some highlights from the conference:

  • Running into one of my mentor SLPs, for whom I was a regular substitute teacher during 2009-2010 school year. Working with her one was of the more important experiences that led me to getting an SLP degree. 
  • Lunch with some EMU SLPers Friday. 
  • The Michigan Common Core Standards session, which got me very excited for my public school internship in the Fall. 
  • The Graduate Student Roundtable session. We got tons of information about job searching, interviewing, resumes, certification, licensure, and work settings. It made me very excited to start my job search. 
  • I really can't wait for ASHA in Chicago this November!
In other news, I'm halfway to having my placements for my Summer and Fall internships. Happy! 

No comments: