Monday, May 20, 2013

So many changes, so little time.

WOW. I can't believe I haven't updated. I haven't been spending as much time in front of a computer lately and, I must say, it's kind of nice.

I've finished my stay at my graduate assistantship. I miss my work family terribly, but I also know that it was time to move on. Time to start doing what I feel I was meant to do. I started my adult health care internship at a traumatic brain injury clinic. Most of the clients are inpatient and receive a full range of services, including OT, PT, Rec therapy, music therapy, social work, counseling for addiction and other psychiatric issues, and behavior intervention. I started last week and observed for most of it. I was able to start some treatment today, with full supervision of course.

I've also started working as a part-time babysitter for an amazing family and their 4-year-old boy, which has kept me busy the last two weekends. But I won't see him again until June after yesterday and I miss him already!

Steve is job searching and it's an emotional rollercoaster (yes, I'm that girlfriend), but I am doing my very best to be supportive and remain confident that he is going to find the position that's right for him in the location that's right for him (and hopefully me!).

No comments: