Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Half-Day

I want to start off by thanking everyone who has read at least a part of this blog. I'm so glad I have friends like Ms. Smith and Ms. Price to give me feedback about being a new teacher.

We're currently in the midst of Homecoming Spirit Week at the high school. Today was Wacky-Tacky Day, so everyone wore the most ridiculous mis-matched outfits they could find. It was hilarious. Not quite as hilarious as Monday, Switch Day, in which girls dressed as boys and vice versa. Today was a half-day, something that occurs often in the district for professional development purposes. My CT got out of it, however, which is why I'm sitting comfortably at my favorite coffee shop, The Ugly Mug, reflecting about my experience so far.

One student in the class I'm teaching has been making a habit out of coming to the classroom after school to work on homework instead of going to football study tables or practice. He's nice company, so I don't mind. I just hope his coach isn't mad.

No comments: