Saturday, November 15, 2008

Friday was a good day. Mrs. D was out and there was a substitute, but the day went smoothly. It's amazing how threatening to give extra homework can whip a class into shape. The three English AP classes watched a movie, and I presented a Powerpoint in Health class. Then we read the rest of Act III, Scene 1 in English 10. The class started out strong and got silly as time went on. But the writing prompt at the beginning got the class talking about revenge and punishment, eventually tying it back to the character Antony in Julius Caesar.

Another student teacher and I have volunteered to coach the dance team, which is going to be really fun, but it's also going to take up time I could be working on lessons and what not. I'm going to try not to take up too much time with it, at least until I'm done with my unit.

I passed my certification test! So now all I have to do is finish out this unit and then I can start working to find a job! Maybe Teach for America?

No comments: