Friday, November 07, 2008

Time to get my butt in gear.

That's what my supervisor so kindly implied to me today. And she's right. I need to stop procrastinating and start setting little goals for myself. I'm so unproductive after sitting in a classroom all day. But if I really work hard the next four weeks, I'll end my student teaching stronger than I started.

A metaphor that my supervisor said to me today: How do you eat an elephant? Bite by bite. I have to see my big projects as series' of little tasks. It will be easier for me to attain my goals that way. Tonight's bites off the elephant:
-intro questions for study guide
-act III of study guide
-brainstorm stuff for unit analysis and rationale longhand
-organize unit analysis ideas
-type it out and send it to supervisor
-all of monday, tuesday planned.

No comments: