Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lightbulb!!!

I want desperately to develop a program between the local college (my alma matar) and the local school district. The kindergarten rooms have a hard time getting extra bodies into their classrooms. There isn't the same culture of parental volunteerism that I've seen in other schools. BUT! We have this awesome campus with a great education program not even a mile away. It seems rediculous that there isn't some sort of service program set up between the university and at least the local elementary schools.

I am really interested in persuing this idea. I think the first thing I should do is ask around, both teachers and students. I should also look into financing (materials, rewards ceremonies, etc). I have access to a service fraternity that would be a great place to start. I need to start brainstorming and making to-do lists.

No comments: