Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Nutshell News

In cooking news: I tried another recipe from The Moosewood Cookbook, a Christmas gift from Darin last year that keeps on giving. Mollie Katzen's "Feta Walnut Dip" is savory and addicting. I also stole some recipes from Mom that I loved as a kid, the two gems being "Sunshine Cookies" (orange-flavored sugar cookies with icing), and "Monkey Bread".

In educational news: The ball is rolling on my admissions status. I just have to sit and wait, basically. I am getting more and more excited for January. I can't wait to start learning about articulation and communication disorders. Nerdy.

In work news: I'm going to be so sad to leave Mrs. V's class. Next week is my last week. After that, they'll have hired the permanent parapro. I worry about how the transition will be for my student, especially because there is no official behavioral plan set in place for him (which would provide something consistant). Hopefully I can help with the transition.

In homestead news: We're getting rid of our cable, in an effort to downsize financially. It's nice to have when you just want to sit down for reruns of "The Office", but I know myself enough to know that it will be a major procrastination tool when school starts. Hopefully, I'll use the time more productively and creatively. The only huge bummer is not having access to the Red Wings games.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

If you really want mindless viewing, you could always sign up for Netflix streaming and Hulu plus. I think together it would be less than $20 a month.

Erika said...

Good idea! I already have netflix, and I love it.