Thursday, September 04, 2008

Students' First Day

Today was the first day of school for students. Each class period of Mrs. D's had a personality of its own, but all in all, I enjoyed the student body. I can't wait for the class to become more comfortable with myself, Mrs. D, and each other. I was a little jittery when I first spoke to the class, but I think now that the intro is through, I'll feel more relaxed.

I'm feeling a tiny bit lost and unprepared, I must say. I just haven't had much experience in classroom management, and I'm afraid that the students will take advantage of my easy-going manner.

I also feel like a fool because I forgot the materials to prepare for the lesson today. Luckily, the class I'm taking over is the last period of the day, so I'll take advantage of my lunch and planning period to think of some ideas.

Wish me luck!

No comments: