Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I must have not completed a REM cycle or something because I just could not get excited to be in school today. I'm going to be blunt when I say that the English 10 class was just annoying today.

I feel a little lost when it comes to procedure; I haven't really picked up on the routines that my CT has put into place. I might just have to come up with my own. So far, I have vocabulary quiz on Fridays, and a possibility of grammar questions at the beginning of the day.

I'm grumpy and frustrated with the fact that I seem to be spending all of the time outside the building trying to come up with ideas. You know how some parents teach their children how to swim by just throwing them in the water? Yeah, it's kind of like that. I know that it'll be the best for me in the end, but man. It's overwhelming right now.

I'm going to pledge to stay at least an hour in the classroom everyday after class, unless I have an important appointment. Then, I need to get there earlier in the morning. Lord knows how distracted I get when I'm home.

Anyway, the personal narrative unit starts on Monday. I still don't know exactly what I want to do with it. I know I want to have at least three days of in-class workshopping, including writing prompts, drafting, and proofreading. We also need days scheduled for the media center, so that the students have an opportunity to word process. On top of that, I need to plan my original unit on Julius Caesar. I hope things start falling into place, and I hope that I can start feeling more productive.

One of the tasks I want to work on is helping Mrs. D organize her room a little bit. There are all these old books and projects everywhere that need purged, and I'm going to go ahead and assume that she doesn't mind that I get started on it.

Keep me in your thoughts while I try to level myself. :o)

No comments: