Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SO Stressed!!!

I'm really stressed. I use all of the spare time I can (so, any time aside from eating, transportation, doing laundry, and sleeping 4-6 hours a night) to work on planning and grading. I made the mistake of relaxing Friday night instead of working, which seems reasonable enough, but I just can't seem to work fast enough to spare even a Friday night.

WHY can't I be more efficient? I'm just overwhelmed with everything I have to do. And to top it all off, there are three students suspended that I need to somehow gather work for. I'm so lost. I definitely need to consult my cooperating teacher today about all of this and let her know that I'm not ahead. I need to come clean and have some humility to be able to say where my weaknesses are.

I haven't even had time to so an assignment that was due yesterday. AHH, I hope my time management problems won't affect my certification.

What am I going to to?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello my luv... you will be okay. Did I ever tell you that last year was the first year I learned to demand extensions on school assignments? I definitely turned things in weeks late. It was okay. Have you ever read any stuff by Harry Wong (great name, right)? He talks about the survival mode of teaching that you have to make it through before you hit mastery, when you feel like you're constantly scrambling and about to lose it. Your cooperating teacher will understand--don't be embarrassed/worried about talking to her. *hug*